It's gone. I have no project on the needles. Really. Nothing. I have a pair of booties that need a little finishing, but otherwise I have no UFOs, either. I just don't know what I want to cast on next. I was planning to do a sweater for Kiddo, but I have to decide if I want to have some patterning to it. I have the yarn for a sweater (or two) for Kutey, but I am uninspired by the patterns I had picked out. I know the mojo will return, I just wish it would hurry up already!
I have been filling the knitting void by attending the US Figure Skating Championships and LOVING it! I always watch (when I realize they are on) but this is so different. Being there somehow makes the people more real and human and less celebrity.
For the Ladies short program, my favorite program was Mirai Nagasu. No coincidence that she is in the lead heading into tonights free skate. For the men, Ryan Bradley and Jeremy Abbott both had really nice, and somewhat unique, programs. They are not the leaders headed into the free skate, but they are in the top. Truthfully? I am just utterly impressed by what they all can do while whizzing around a slippery sheet of ice. I would spend most of the time on my rump, and worse, I doubt I could get up and continue moving on the ice. Tonight is the ladies free skate, and tomorrow the men's (which I will not be attending, unfortunately). I will attend the exhibition of champions Sunday night, though, and I look forward to it!
Oh, and Paul Wylie and Todd Eldredge were inducted into the US figure Skating Hall of Fame. I saw Todd Eldredge before the program started, walking into the arena, picked him out of the crowd, about 15 feet away from me. That is my brush with fame, folks. Pretty pathetic, but hey, I always enjoyed his skating (and Paul Wylie's, too)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Paul Wylie has always been one of my favorite skaters. Elegant, precise -- and with a great sense of humor.
Was there really a proposal on the ice during the pairs competition?
Yep, there was. I unfortunately didn't get to see ANY pairs skating, except in exhibition form.
Well poo. Pairs is my favorite.
I miss watching figure skating. We don't get local channels where we are, so no ABC, CBS, or NBC on which to watch. My favorite was Todd Eldgridge - he has always had such grace on the ice.
A proposal? Between skaters? Who?
Post a Comment