Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Satchel

This is another FO I gifted at Christmas.



Pattern: Satchel
Source: Knitty.com
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool Merino in evergreen mix

I made a few modifications. I did a provisional cast on for the base, to avoid picking up stitches later. I made the flap longer so that it would cover the whole front and never hang awkwardly. And I did the strap in linen stitch, just because.



This was the first time I used linen stitch, and it is a very pretty stitch. This was also my first attempt at applied i-cord. It worked pretty well, though it took me a try or two to get the hang of it.

2 comments:

kemtee said...

You are so going to have to teach me the trick with applied I-cord. I have tried and tried and all I do is get p.o.'d with it.

schmobes said...

My trick? I didn't follow the directions. They just confused the bejeebers out of me. I'll have to do it some more before I am completely confident, but I am happy to help if I can!