Friday, January 25, 2008

Fruits and Veggies

My cousin's son turned one at the beginning of the month. Knowing the type of people they are, I figured they would appreciate a hand knit gift. One of the things I have been intrigued by is toy fruits and vegetables. What better gift for a one year old?



These were so much fun to make. I made them completely out of stash, which is why some of the colors may seem like odd choices. I used various patterns:
Strawberries are from PezDiva
Carrots and Tomatoes are from MagKnits
Apple and Pear are from Peachcake Knits
Cucumber and Mushrooms are my own, but I couldn't make the cucumber again if you asked.



I also made a small market type bag, from my head, to put them all in. Alas, the bag was gifted before it was photographed. I am hoping to get a shot of it, because it turned out pretty well. Again, who knows if I could make it again if I tried!

The fruits and veggies turned out so well, my kids were a bit upset that they had to be given away. Something tells me there are more fruits and veggies in my future...

3 comments:

kemtee said...

You need to publish your 'shroom pattern. Too cute.

schmobes said...

I have been thinking about it, but I think I need to make a couple more so I know it works....that and I didn't write it down, so I have to make sure I remember it correctly!

TopazGirl said...

Completely awesome and adorable! Totally makes me wish I'd been a knitter when my kids were young. :)