So, I present, the first finished object:

Pattern: Baby Bolero
Source: One Skein by Leigh Radford
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Terra Cotta (less than one skein, enough left for a pair of booties, to follow)
Needles: Denise Interchangeables Size 8 and 9

I LOVED this pattern. It worked up quite quickly, which is good, since there are innumerable babies coming into the world around me! None for me, thanks, I have two.

The Cotton Ease was also really nice to knit with. My biggest complaint? The center pull skein didn't work. At all. I spent a lot of time fighting with the yarn. But once freed, it knit beautifully.

I put in the motif, and I really like it. It is very subtle. The only change I made was to add another round of ribbing to the edge because I felt like it matched the sleeves better (another blogger noted this, and I agreed).
More to come!

3 comments:
Oh it turned out beautifully!! I can't wait to see the booties.
It's so wittle! Ooo, it's cute!!!
How adorable!
Post a Comment