Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Latest book club read

My mom's club has a book club that meets every other month. This month the book we read was The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It is a fast read, it took me less than 24 hours to read, and I have two kids to interrupt me.
Here is what I wrote about the book on Good Reads:
While this book was a compelling read, and made me feel like a wonderful parent, there were times when I felt like the author delivered the events in much too much of a matter-of-fact way. There is intentionally little of the author's emotion included in the telling of the events in order to let the reader determine their own feelings. But so much of the story should have been loaded with emotion, that sometimes it made me feel like I was reading a news feed rather than a life story. Still, worth the read.

Our next book is The History of Love. After that, well, we haven't picked it out yet. Any great ideas?

No comments: