Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Knitting

I am working on a sweater for Kiddo. The pattern is Woody from Debbie Bliss's Junior Knits (which always make me think of Junior Mints, which would be quite tasty right now!). I am only sort of following the pattern, though thus far it would seem to be a very easy and straight-forward pattern. If I can avoid seaming, I do, though, so I did the body in the round up to the arms. I have the back done, I will be moving on to the front, if I ever get to sit down to knit for more than a minute, and if I don't break any more cables! I am using old Cotton-Ease from my stash that I bought on Ravelry. Kiddo likes black and blue, so black and blue it is. I love Cotton-Ease for kid knits, though I wish they would come out with a dk weight, and I wish there were some more colors. I like the ones they have, but I often find myself wanting some paler colors (a nice pale pink, a nice pale green, a nice pale blue, a nice pale purple) and they are missing a true black, which is Kiddo's current favorite color. If you have the ear of the powers that be at Lion Brand, let them know, 'kay?

No comments: