Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The "lawn"

Remember my attempt to eradicate the thistles in my yard? Well, I was unsuccessful, and they are back with a vengeance! There are sections of my lawn that can't be called lawn. They are best referred to as a thistle patch. They are literally that thick. There is a 20 ft by 20 ft section that I feel like the best possible course of action would be to simply start over, cover it with black tarp till everything dies, dig it up, put down new dirt, and lay sod. I know it sounds drastic, but I spent 2 hours pulling thistles last night. If I was getting paid a penny a thistle, I would probably have made more than $5. I didn't actually count, but I filled a grocery bag with thistles. I didn't touch the big patch, it was too overwhelming. Sigh.

No comments: