Monday, August 3, 2009

Earrings

As a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer 3-day (which I am walking in less than 3 weeks!), I learned how to make jewelry so I could sell it. I also sold quite a bit that was not made by me. I am fortunate to know some very talented people who were gracious enough to donate items. In the process, however, I wound up with more beads than I think I will ever use. I have a ton. Really. Massive quantity. I am not exaggerating. So I will gladly make things for just about any cause!

Last weekend, my MOMS Club board (I am the president) attended a state workshop. As part of the workshop, each club brings a theme "basket." Attendees buy tickets and put them into the bag for each basket they would like to win. My board decided to make an earring tree.

earringsWe used a few of the earrings that didn't sell in my fundraising, but we also got together and made a few more. In all, there were 14 pairs of earrings on the tree. I made 4 of them. One pair I did not feel was particularly creative, but the other 3 I was pretty proud of. I took them from pictures in a magazine, but not of them are exact. I actually don't usually make earrings, bracelets are more my thing, so I needed inspiration.

How did I do?

earringsearringsearrings

1 comment:

JWink said...

Oh, they turned out SO cute! The tree also ended up looking very nice and is a really classy, crafty way to hang the earrings! What did you end up using to stick the leaves on? Did it hold well? I am very impressed. =)