Thursday, February 19, 2009

Red Beans and Rice

Yesterday, I made this for dinner. I like red beans and rice, but honestly, who wants to cook a ham hock? So this recipe seemed like a good idea. If I had read the instructions a bit better before I started would have helped, but I did eventually get them made. Kiddo deemed them yummy, thanked me for making it, and ate his whole bowl. Kutey was slightly less enthusiastic, but ate them still. I found them OK, though missing something (probably the ham hock flavor, huh?) We did end up adding sliced ham to it, though that is not the same as a ham hock and really it didn't change the flavor much. Would I make it again? Maybe. I'm going to do some research and see if I can find another recipe to try. It was good, I just wanted something a little bit more in the area of flavor.

No comments: