Tuesday, February 17, 2009

If only there was coconut in my house

I would use it to make this Coconut Chai breakfast cake, and then I would eat it all! Ok, so not all, I would share it, but doesn't it look nummy?

The book front is not getting any better. I went to the bookstore again today. While some of you think you can't possibly have too many books, and I was once of that mindset as well, I think that once one no longer has space to store the books and they become floor decorations and furniture, one might in fact have too many. At the very least, I have too many for my current space for books.

But the books I picked up were too good to leave! Snowflake Bentley, The Mitten, Gingerbread Baby, A Bargain for Frances, Little Bear, and a couple that the kids wanted (Arthur, Cinderella, Clifford), but they were 50 cents to a dollar off the clearance shelves.

A Bargain for Frances was purely a nostalgic purchase. I remember it from when I was a kid. But as is the case with many of my favorite childhood books, it wasn't mine. It belonged to my sister, so I am happy to have found my own copy at a great price. I would like to find Bread and Jam for Frances, too, perhaps with the audio since that is how I remember it!

For now, though, I am content with these books. At least until my next trip to the book store.....

No comments: