Monday, September 17, 2007

I need an APPLE!

It is apple week here on the Lanai. Our whole week of preschool is themed around apples. But I cannot find a picture of an apple to save my life! Being artistically impaired, I can't draw my own. So, if you can draw, whip me out an apple and send it this way (electronically, or apple week will be long gone!)

In other news...
I have been knitting, and I actually have a couple of FOs to share, just haven't gotten pictures yet. I checked a new knitting book out of the library, Knitting for Baby by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas, and I might have a few more baby gifts worked up in the near future.

I also went through my yarn stash the other day. I sorted it into the "good" yarn and the acrylic; the yarn I have projects planned for, and the yarn that is just THERE. I discovered that I have a TON of yarn, but very little I consider "good." There is nothing wrong with the acrylic, but if I am going to put in the time to knit a sweater, I want nice yarn. So, I am trying to figure out what to do with all the acrylic. I want to use at least some of it before I invest in more good yarn.

That said, I did do a bit of stash enhancement at Joann's last week. I blame Poops. She was raving about this yarn, and made the CUTEST baby hats out of it. SO I bought some. On clearance.
The yarn is Tesoro from the Bellezza Collection at Joann's. I had planned on hats, but me thinks Kutey might get a nice stripey sweater out of it instead. It is so soft and squishy.

1 comment:

kemtee said...

If it makes you feel any better, I can't draw an apple, either. I'm scared of what they'll come up with for the rest of the alphabet… I got alligator as my assignment.