I made these two for Hats for Alex.

Click the link on the side if you want to read more. Having little ones of my own, the story broke my heart and I wanted to help in whatever way I could. Hats are a small thing. It was the least I could do.
I made these for some charity as yet to be determined. Probably Christmas Sharing in my hometown.

This one is made from an impossible acrylic. I am not a fan. I will not be making any more hats out of it.

This one is also acrylic (I am trying to use up my stash, but at one hat at a time, it could be a while). This yarn was not nearly as unpleasant and I actually toyed with keeping this hat, but I have so many already that I decided it should go to someone who needs it, rather than someone who just thinks it turned out well and wants to look at it.
Both patterns are from the book Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen, an incredibly thoughtful and inspiring Christmas gift from my little sister. I modified the second one because I didn't have enough yarn to do a solid color.
In other news, the appliances are fixed, YIPPEE! And Kutey's first birthday party went off without a hitch. I'll be posting about the invitations and decorations I made for that sometime in the near future, I promise!

1 comment:
Yay for FOs!
And yay for the repairman! I was beginning to wonder if they weren't going to start chasing you around, plugs and vent hoses flapping along behind. Which incidentally is a comical visual. I can say that, being safely far enough away… : )
Post a Comment