My yard didn't get mowed last weekend. I think it was because hubby had a cold, but I really can't remember what else happened over the weekend. I probably could have mowed, if I had thought about it. But I didn't. Fast forward to today. The lawn is really long, given that we have had a good mix of rain and sun to allow optimal growing of not just the grass, but weeds of all varieties. Including the thistles. I wanted to spray them last night (yes I have resorted to spraying), but the spray said "for best results mow first." Well drat. So I thought I would mow today, before the rain that was to come after 4 pm.
4 pm in which time zone? Because it was not even 2 pm and I was not even half way done with the mowing of the really long weeds when the rain started. It eventually got to heavy to mow in (and I worried I might have done some permanent damage to the mower, since it is non-amphibious), so I had to stop.
Annoyingly, it is not even 4 yet, and the rain has passed for the time being. It did, however, dump enough on my yard that I cannot go out and finish what I started! I will have lopsided yard for a least a bit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment